In your home, your stove can be named as one of the most useful and efficient appliances there is. However, this would not erase the fact that stoves have imposed danger in them. This may be felt by users who will not be careful.
In your home, your stove can be named as one of the most useful and efficient appliances there is. However, this would not erase the fact that stoves have imposed danger in them. This may be felt by users who will not be careful. While this is not an idea a lot of people ponder on much, it is still bothering how a stove is always the culprit when it comes to accidents. Being cautious would not hurt anyway. This should be carried out while your stove is still in use. Injuries can be avoided this way. Possible problems may also be prevented in the long run.
Safety Precautions that have to be Taken Seriously
It does not matter whether you use gas, electric or wood stove. There are tons of safety tips that can always be followed in order for your whole family to be kept safe. What are these?
- When you are cooking, the pots have to be turned so that their handles would stick on the stove’s edge. This is dangerous for this can also be grabbed by small children. They may burn themselves in this case.
- The fire extinguisher must be kept near the stove. The sink beside the stove is not a mere assurance. The addition of the earlier equipment is still a must. Grease fires always spread quickly and water would not suffice. This is why an extinguisher is more effective.
- If you want your child to cook, make sure that there is an adult supervising.
- Potholders and oven mitts have to be present so that hot pans can be handled. This will prevent burns most especially that ones that originate from high temperature metals.
- Metal spoons are not to be used in stirring food on the stove. They are not intended to be left in the pot too. The truth is that they heat up quickly. This will only burn your hand once touched.
- Do not use loose, overflowing clothes as dish towels. This is dangerous most especially if they are to be placed near the burners. They will only catch fire.
There might be a separate level of care to consider when it comes to gas stoves. Well, there is an obvious reason for this. Safety precautions have to be given specific attention. For instance, look at the gas tank. There should be no leaks because this is always the main reason for fire. When there is hissing, or when you smell something suspicious, that should be checked right away. The gas has to be turned off from its source. The windows have to be opened so that the house can be exited just in case. There is a fire department that can be contacted too. The entire house should know their number of course.
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure. With the right amount of monitoring and caring, there should be no problem with the use of gas.